USE OF THE WEBSITE
2. Ajinomoto (Singapore) Pte Ltd, (hereafter called “Ajinomoto”) reserves the right to change the contents of the Terms without prior notice.
3. You may additionally need to read the respective terms of “Ajinomoto Amino Acids” membership and/or other terms prior to the registration as a member of “Ajinomoto Amino Acids” and/or other services.
4. You are prohibited from the following acts in connection with the use of the Website:
4-1. Any act that shall or may violate Ajinomoto’s or any third parties property or privacy;
4-2. Any act that shall or may disadvantage or cause damage to Ajinomoto or any third parties;
4-3. Any act that shall or may be offensive to public policy;
4-4. Any criminal act or any act that shall or may lead to a criminal act;
4-5. Any business or commercial activity or any act conducted in preparation for any business or commercial activity;
4-6. Making false statements or notifications, including registering someone else’s e-mail address as your own;
4-7. Using or providing computer viruses or other harmful programs;
4-8. Any act that shall or may violate any law, regulation or ordinance;
4-9. Any other act that Ajinomoto deems inappropriate.
5. If Ajinomoto finds that you have committed to any of the above prohibited acts, it may delete all or part of the data concerned without prior notice to you. However, Ajinomoto does not have any obligation whatsoever to constantly monitor the Website.
6. All copyrights and other rights in the information contained in the Website are vested in Ajinomoto or the right holders who have granted Ajinomoto the license to use the rights. Therefore, beyond the scope of private use of the information permitted by law, you may not engage in any unauthorized use of such information (including making copies of, falsifying, and distributing the information).
7. All copyrights to the contents of any e-mail sent from Ajinomoto to you are also vested in Ajinomoto. Therefore, you may not publish or use such contents for other purposes without prior authorization.
8. You need to know in advance that with the exception of your personal information, Ajinomoto has the right to freely use all information such as photo, video, comments, suggestions, personal data and others that you post on the Website and/or provide to Ajinomoto in the form of responses to questionnaires, applications or registrations to campaigns or services and etc.
9. All trademarks, logo, characters and service marks (collectively “trademark”) used in the Website are vested in Ajinomoto or the right holders who have granted Ajinomoto the license to use the Trademarks. Therefore, you may not engage in any unauthorized use of the Trademarks.
10. While Ajinomoto is attentive in the creation and management of all information contained in the Website, it does not provide any guarantee whatsoever on the accuracy, timeliness, performance and completeness of such information and materials for any particular purpose.
11. Without prior notice, Ajinomoto may suspend or terminate the management of the Website and may alter, amend, or change all or part of the information contained in the Website.
12. Ajinomoto is not liable for any damage caused to you as a result of your use of the Website or inaccessibility of the Website for whatever reason or for any damage arising in relation to posts, unauthorized accesses, comments, or transmission of e-mails, SMS, letters and phone call by any third parties (including any damage you may incur from any dispute you may have with another visitor).
HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA
PROPOSALS ON NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, ETC.
14. Ajinomoto cannot accept any ideas, memos, concepts, or any other proposals you might send (hereafter called the “Proposals”) with respect to new product development, marketing, and the like.
15. You need to know in advance that any such Proposals you send will be deemed to have been sent based on the following understanding:
15-1. Ajinomoto is not liable to maintain confidentiality of the Proposals;
15-2. Ajinomoto has no obligation whatsoever to consider or assess the Proposals;
15-3. Even if Ajinomoto develops its ideas that are similar, all or in part, to your Proposal, Ajinomoto has no obligation whatsoever to you.
16. Ajinomoto is not liable for any damage arising from contents of any third-party websites linked to this Website (hereafter called the “Linked Website”) or from the use of the Linked Websites. Linking to the Website is free, in principle; provided, however, that Ajinomoto may, depending on the contents of the Linked Website or the method used for linking, refuse linking either before or after the link is established (for reasons such as the contents are offensive to public policy).
17. The Website may use a technology called “cookies” for the following purposes:
17-1. To enable you to more conveniently use the Website when you revisit it;
17-2. To measure and analyze how the Website is used.
18. When you visit contents that issue cookies, the cookies will be set in your computer. However, the stored cookies will not contain any personally identified information related to you.
19. By changing the setting on your browser, you may refuse to accept cookies. By doing so, however, some parts of the Website may become unusable.
WEB ANALYTICAL TOOLS
GOVERNING LAW AND COMPETENT COURT
21. The Terms herein shall be governed by and will be construed and managed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you shall submit to the jurisdiction of courts of Singapore.